Fabrik causing engine to crash

The fabrik node is causing the engine to crash after some weird behavior on the ik result. I recorded the situation:

You can see on the first part on the video, the solver is not being applied, but when I select the preview instance in the anim bp editor, it then gets applied correctly. then when I exit the game, the whole engine crashes with the following error:

Assertion failed: !Pose[BoneIndex].ContainsNaN() [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\BonePose.h] [Line: 571]

It says bone index contains nan, but the fabrik node doesn’t work by manually entering bone names by hand, and this is the default manny skeleton, so I don’t think it is my mistake. I tried turning multithreaded animations off in the project settings, but that had no effect.

I’m starting to think that this might be a bug in the fabrik node, but am I missing anything?

Did you ever solve this? I have a similar problem Assertion failed: !Pose[BoneIndex].ContainsNaN() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\BonePose.h] [Line: 571]

I solved, I exported fbx from UE, then imported to Blender to delete the affected bones that were showing NaN. Then reimport to ue and the error was gone.

1 Like

what if the effected model is the ue 5 manny?