After 10 years in AAA I’ve gone out on my own and released my first piece of art on the Unreal Marketplace today. Hopefully you like what I’ve put together and I’d appreciate any words of wisdom, feedback or advise from fellow creators, thank you
Some more images and videos are available on my ArtStation
56 unique seamless 4K Fabric Materials derived from scan data and optimised for UE4. These realistic PBR Fabric materials are ready to use in Games or Arch Viz and feature a flexible Master Material. Ideal for both environments and characters alike - the numerous and easy to use parameters help you quickly create lots of variation. 2K and 1K versions of Textures can be accessed using Texture LOD bias (see UE4 doc)
Please note this pack contains 11GB of 4K high resolution textures!
Includes Fabric in the following categories:
Canvas, Corduroy, Cotton, Denim, Felt, Flannel, Fleece, Fur, Jersey, Lace, Leather, Linen, Shag pile, Synthetic, Terry Cloth, Velvet and Wool.
- 1 core Fabric Master Material with optional tessellation variant - commented and well organised.
- 56 unique Fabric Materials - each with 15 child Material Instances for a total of nearly 900 Material Instances
- 505 unique 4096x4096 Textures (728 textures including channel packing options)
Also includes 3 Showcase Maps with 11 different Fabric static meshes.
Technical Details All of the Fabrics support the following options through easy to use parameters:
- UV manipulation
- Base Color colorization and Gradient Mapping
- Fuzzy Shading
- Normal and Roughness tweaking
- Specular Level fine tuning
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Subsurface Scattering control
- Ambient Occlusion
- Opacity and Masked Transparency with Dithered Temporal AA
- Tessellation and Vertex Displacement
Each of the 56 Fabric materials contain unique versions of the following Textures:
Ambient Occlusion, Base Color, Emissive, Gradient Color, Gradient Map, Height, Normal, Opacity/Scattering, Roughness, Subsurface Color Reference, Metallic where necessary
PERFORMANCE can be tailored with easy to use Material parameter control. All images shown are of the Fabrics tiled across 200 units @ a Texel Density of 2048ppm.
Specs: i7-8700k, GTX 1080ti
UE4 reports Avg. 65 FPS and 1.9GB mem with the ***entire ***collection set in viewport with the following:
- Textures set to full 4K resolution, all material features enabled, texture streaming enabled, 899 material instances on screen, 55,000 objects on screen
**Min Spec: **During normal use of the Materials in UE4 (not the entire catalog on screen) this pack should run well on a mid to high end PC or Mac.
Supported Dev Platforms: PC, Mac
Supported Target Build Platforms: PC, Mac, PS4 and XBox One when utilising channel packing