EXTREME low performance in unreal engine 5.2 ( EVEN IN AN EMPTY SCENE)

Hi, I am having extremely low performance, like 1 fps in Unreal Editor. Even though I open an empty scene, I get 1 fps in the editor. This happened right after updating my Nvidia Rtx 3070 graphic driver. I’ve tried everything I found online. Such as deleting “DerivedDataCache”, and “Intermediate” files. Also, I removed all Nvidia-related software and re-installed the latest version of my driver. Next, I changed the location of the vault cache, but it didn’t solve the problem. My UE and projects are downloaded in a separate SSD, I mean Windows is located in another SSD. In any case of SSD problem, I opened a project which is located in my hard drive. However, the problem still occurred. Finally, I don’t have any lag or freezing in casual use of my PC. Any other programs run smoothly.

My Pc Specs:

Nvidia RTX 3070
Ryzen 5 5600x
32 gb ram
2 TB Samsung heatsink SSD ( UE and Projects are located here)
1 TB Samsung SSD ( Windows is located here)
2 TB HDD

I am downloading UE 5.3 right now. I will try and see if the source of the problem is UE 5.2 or anything else. If anyone has experienced this issue before, I appreciate your help.

THANK YOU!

I’ve solved my own problem :slight_smile: !!!

If anyone experiences this kind of thing this is how I solved:

1- I deleted my graphic driver by using DDU. And altered one version older.
2- Updated my Chipset driver to the latest one.
3- In BIOS I realized that my D.O.C.P (XMP) profile is not set to profile_1. And, also Resize Bar was not Turned on.

After these steps my projects run smoothly. I don’t exactly know, the source of the problem was the new graphic driver but probably it is because I experienced it right after updating to the latest one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.