EXTILE Non-repetitive Tiling Material

EXTILE eliminates repetitiveness in tiling textures for both geometric and organic types. In the case of the geometric type it first randomizes each individual cell that is defined based on the texture’s rows and columns that make up the texture and then allows the user to shift those cells either horizontally or vertically recreating the staggering effect most commonly found in brick like forms or other types of tile patterns. In addition the material works directly with the Megascan livelink (optional) creating material instances directly from Bridge. Bridge offers many textures that take full advantage of the material but I have also created some videos on how to easily create them in Mixer.

The material has two fractal options to break up the organic textures - the same principal applies as in the geometric meaning that the UVs are redistributed based on these fractals. There are a few parameters that you can work with in each method controlling the scale and distribution of the breakup.

All of Extile’s functionality has been dissected in modular material functions as well giving one the ability to create materials based only on the parts required. The project file contains a few examples on single, double and triple layered setups. In addition it comes with a dirt layer, a Z-up procedural puddles effect and a parallax occlusion option as well as some other basic texture parameters. By default the material is set to use world aligned coordinates but it can be switched to local coordinates. Lastly the Master material allows you to bake the texture maps for further optimization should you want to using render targets.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Marketplace:

Tutorial videos:

Technical Details
· 1 X Extile Master Material

· 6 X Unique Layered Material Masters

· 14 X Material Instances

· 1 X Bake Texture Blueprint

· 19 X Material Functions including: geometric and organic texture randomization functions, puddles, procedural splat mask, WA coordinate function, multi-switch utility function and more.

Number of Texture sets: 8

Number of Texture masks: 4

Texture Resolutions: (2k and 4k)

Supported Development Platforms:

Windows: (Yes)

Documentation: Included in the project folder and in the project level itself.

Good asset !
(mp sent for the .23)
And thank you for your help

Hello,
I purchased your Extile PLUS materials and gave them some tests to learn about their capabilities.
Overall I think about it as a very interesting product and approach to quickly achieve good results.
I do appreciate that your shaders are not overly performance expensive but since I work in the architecture industry, I can live with more expensive shaders.

— About the need for Parallax Occlusion
Displacement materials are not very Datasmith friendly because tesselating everchanging CAD models can be very troublesome in the pipeline.
Instead, Parallax occlusion materials are the way to go – unfortunately, only a few, of your master materials are POM. I tried to implement Parallax occlusion into other materials but it was quite challenging and never gave me good results.
Also, I was trying to look into m_extile_plus_pom_master to look for some tips on how to correctly implement Parallax into other of your materials, but it is impossible to get any clue of what is happening inside.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64

— No normals in some materials
Bad luck is that in the materials I am most interested in, there are some issues with normal maps.
Normals aren’t working in materials: M_2XLayer_Geo_EX_09, M_2XLayer_Org_EX_10, M_2XLayer_Clone_EX_11, M_3XLayer_Geo_EX_12

— Mixing, Material height blend, and Parallax occlusion
Excellent looking (and available for free) example of nice Height Blended POM materials are made by Lincoln Hughes (Free Parallax Occlusion Materials for Unreal 4). Of course, it is nowhere near your materials complexity and amount of control. As I mentioned earlier it is complicated to integrate Parallax into your materials and surely you know the best how to include it correctly.

](filedata/fetch?id=1845909&d=1607086258)

If it comes to splat masks, mixing materials, and puddles. Sometimes results are not the best and I spent some time fighting with blending dirt layer with other materials.
Puddles solely based on procedural masks are quite limiting when it comes to achieving the desired result.
We can have dirt layers based on splat mask or vertex painting data. What do you think about providing a way to use both at the same time? In my personal tests, before I purchased your materials, I had something like a procedural mask for dirt – which is a very good starting point and then on top of it I could use vertex paint to correct/modify places that I didn’t like (so basically mask procedural mask).

In short:
Inside many of your master materials I am looking for one, which will include:
2 (or more) Layers of textures (RMAO packed/separate switch)
HQ Height Blend between layers
World Aligned / Mesh UV mapping switch
Parallax Occlusion switch
Vertex paint + Procedural noise based blend between layers
Some global roughness, color variation to break things up.

The purpose of that master material would be to have a very high quality, non-repetitive material for ArchViz, which could e.g. blend two similar procedural Substance texture sets.
Thanks for pushing things in the right direction. Please let me know if you see the same issues and what do you think about my proposals.