Extemely slow startup time for game projects(Ubuntu 20.04)

Hello,
I’ve build UE4 from source and I’m using VS Code.

Building any game project is relatively normal but when I run it it takes a few minutes just for the UE4 splash screen to show and to start loading, then it takes anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to load the project. And this is for starting a blank project!
While this is happening, my CPU is running at 20%, my ram around 30-40% and my disk is barely 10%. The UE4Editor task uses almost no resources…

When I was using the same PC but with Windows there were no such problems, everything was running normally. It’s very frustrating and pretty much unusable. Any help is appreciated!

I have the same problem on Arch. Takes 11 min to show the editor, 20 to load a new project. The computer resources doesn’t seem to be used at all.

OS: Arch Linux x86_64, DE: KDE Plasma 5.20.2, CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ (8) @ 3.800GHz, GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Mobile, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630, Memory: 15.5 GiB

Are you still having issues with the project? If not, how did you resolve it? I just upgraded my system to Ubuntu 20.04 and video card. I am having issues getting my projects to build also. It likes it’s gets stuck although my system physically is fine. Os; Ubuntu 20.04 running KDU, CPU i7-2700, GPU Nvidia 1660, Memory 16gb

I`m also facing same issues,very slow !

spec :
32 gb Ram
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
NVIDIA Corporation GP104BM [GeForce GTX 1070 Mobile]
Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Gnome 3.36.8
X11

Nope, I still have the same problem on Linux. I was forced to migrate the development to Windows. If I had to guess, I would say its something to do with Nvidia graphic cards and I think AMD would work better. But I have no evidence for that, just a hunch.