exr from davinci resolve not displaying properly in unreal engine

really struggling with something for a few days now, Any EXR export from fusion/resolve (both saver or from resolve) they show up really bright when viewed in Unreal engine. When i export EXRs from After affects they show up fine in Unreal Engine. Funny thing is that if you view the EXRs from Davinci Resolve in After affects they also look very bright. Ive messed with so many options trying to get them to work. Within Unreal Engine I dont have many options to mess with the EXR colorspace or anything. Starting to think there is just a flag or piece of metadata that is just missing from the file. Problem can be easily replicated simply by dropping a rec709 video into resolve then exporting as an EXR and then loading into Unreal Engine or After Affects.
video1of2. And the issue is clear here

Video 2of2

Had the same issue with Davinci exporting EXR files and looking washed out. Not sure what the issue is but ended up using PNG files. I’m sure it’s a lot more intensive on the render but seems to work so far.

Seems to be a Davinci Resolve issue. I exported an alpha PNG sequence from Resolve instead. Works fine.