Exposure not working no matter what I try

Please help, no matter what I do, the Exposure compensation slider is not working in the Post-Process volume. Other PP settings DO affect the environment but the Exposure compensation slider is not. I set it to auto exposure, manual, nothing helps. I have another project open with the same level and same exposure settings, also in project settings and on the other project this slider works. I have no idea what is going on here.

I have made a video to explain my problem:

Hey, somewhere in the DefaultEditor.ini, DefaultEngine.ini or DefaultGame.ini is a setting that overwrites/manages that. I have no idea what is that setting. I have copied these three .ini files from another project and the Exposure Compensation slider started to work.
If someone could help finding it it will be very helpful.
Thank you!

2 Likes

I was having the same problem… thanks for sharing the solution

Phew, your comment saved my life. I was going crazy.

1 Like

I see people posting about a solution, but I can’t see one… was the comment deleted?

I am having the exact same problem and it is driving me mad!

Any idea what is going on?

I’ve been watching the excellent UE5 youtube tutorial, Unreal Engine 5 Beginner Tutorial - UE5 Starter Course 2022 - YouTube , and had the same issue, at 1-46hr, trying to set manual exposure, in the PostProcessVolume/Exposure/Exposurecompensation, in the level. I found that this only has an effect if “Exposure/Game settings” is checked, in the “view mode/lit” menu, at the top, 3rd button in! I hope this helps others :smile:

4 Likes

It is the problem with Viewport 1. Try switching to Viewport 2 and it should work.

2 Likes

Hi Did you solve it?
I solved it by activating the game setting on the top.

1 Like

Try increasing the priority of the PostProcess volume that you’re trying to modify the Exposure value with. There might be something else in your map that’s attempting to override it.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Usually, disable eye adaptation and things should start to visually respond to the slider…

I just ran into this and it was because r.EyeAdaptationQuality was set to 0; setting it to 1 made the Exposure settings in PostProcessControl work again.

2 Likes

Hey Thank you! Its Helps For me I think this is the Only correct Way

Make sure to have Eye Adaptation enabled in your viewport. That helped me! Show>Post Processing > Eye Adaptation (enabled)

Also enabled Auto Exposure in your project settings just in case.

1 Like

I’m on UE 5.2.1 and my problem was that infinite extent was off.
Infinite extent applies the post process volume to the whole world, if it’s off it only applies within the cube.

Go to the details tab in the post process volume and search “infinite”.

1 Like

:+1: this solved it for me :white_check_mark: tyvm

yep this is the solution thanks men

this worked for me

You might have the same issue if you are using Ultra Dynamic Sky, which has its own post process volume component.
You can disable it from the details panel and your default post process volume should work as intended.

3 Likes