Exposing UE5 TickPhysicsAsync Event

Thank you very much for extending the plugin, works perfectly. Now I can continue with the project after all :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Is there any way to use the async tick inside components?

Hey thanks so much for creating these 2 classes that support replicated custom events on client side.

However, I have been struggling with creating them on VS and copy pasting your code.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Hi,

well simply calling Component->SetWorldLocation(Location); from the async tick crashes the engine so it is not possible. Calling that method from the normal Tick method works but the wheels jitter from time to time !

Wheel are parented to the car body and they suppose to move only on suspension direction but they also fall behind a little from time to time.

Any idea why in such case those wheels would seem desynced with the car from time to time !?

@_Vagabond Did you find a solution for the wheels getting desynced from the car?

Did you invert the wheels on one side? If so you must rotate them instead by 180°, PhysX also had this issue somehow. This should fix it.

Do you guys also have problems since UE5.3? For me a lot of things that are in the async physics tick suddenly don’t work anymore correctly. Also it looks like rigid bodies are not smooethed anymore visually.

Yes, I think there are some issues that need to be investigated with the physics body.

I have the assumption that the whole tick is not async executed anymore. i have similar artifacts like when physics where subestepped in unreal engine 4. But i really don’t understand it. The delta time seems to be ok as well as the amount of icks i get per gamethread frame.

I have really only started using it with 5.3 and noticed some jank for sure. I thought I was going nuts. For now, my solution was just to do all my math on the async tick and apply the forces normally on regular tick using the calculated results. This seems to work fine, and in theory takes a little load off the game thread anyway. I found that actually using the provided async physics “add force” etc… functions gave wildly varied and unstable results, and when replacing with the regular physics functions on tick, it behaved exactly as expected. This might be down to me using it wrongly and my lack of raw C++ knowledge, but that was my experience.