Exporting Orthoprojections

Hi all,

I’m having some issues with export in my Ortho projections. I live in England and would like to export them so that they could be used with the British national Grid. However, it seems when I export the image it does not embed the CRS into it. I spoke with support and they said this is only available with WGS 84. So I tried exporting the image in WGS 84 with map GPS reprojection and then converting it to British national Grid. However, I seem to be getting a shift of about 2 m from where the positions are. I’m using ground control points from drone data to check the position of the exported map. When viewing inside of reality capture it is projected correctly. However, I cannot get it to export in the correct position. When I export it with a world file, any program I try to load in does not seem to read the world file. For example, QGIS and arc GIS both recognise it as an unknown co-ordinate system and project the image wrong.

This is really holding me back with my work so any assistance be greatly appreciated. Again, I’ve tried contact and support, however they did not seem to be able to provide me with a sufficient solution to this.

Hi Daves_Ep1c_R4ge,
is this also happening for WGS coordinate system ortho, which is not converted by you?
As I wrote you before, only this system is imbedded directly and it should be placed correctly.
For other system you need to set the correct one in QGIS,
and also for ortho properties

Also, it depends on your export settings, the ortho creation settings and how is set Project and Output coordinate system in the Application settings.

Can you please write me back to the ticket and attach your created ortho and world file with some GCPs to check?