Exporting Meshes and Textures

Hi, i have buied from Epic Marketplace some Samurai Arts.
I need to export meshes and textures but if i make “export selected” of a samurai art, it export only meshes and not textures, can you help me to export all texures and meshes together? i have to import it in Character Creator 3 Reallusion.
Kind Regards
RIno

I assume you are exporting your materials and meshes by right-clicking on them Asset actions->Export. If not then that should work.

I imagine you’re probably going to need to export the individual textures of the material and put them onto your character withing character creator 3.

Yes,
I do this, Asset Actions->Export, but if i do this textures ane not present and the fbx is gray,and i have to save after the textures separately to link the textues to the meshes in Reallusion CC3.
Also If i do this in the meshes the name ot the textures are also different of the name files of the textures, and they need to be linked again, and is verily a job too big select the right texure with the different name to link it to dedicated mesh again.
I need a process for export mesh and textures automatically and right…
Plese help
Rino

1 Like

Hi
I believe There is Reallusion UNreal Link for this that could be Available also for one month Trial…
In the meaning time any solution you have is appreciated
Kind Regards
Rino

Well, I don’t think this exists. UE4 isn’t really designed for directly exporting into CC3. Unless you can find a CC3 plugin that imports UE4 materials.

Hi,
Understood, i have this sensation also but i have asked to be secure.
To bypass the problem, have you a guide to put a katana in the hand of the samurai and rig combat move?
Kind Regards
RIno

you can do a simple trick for it.

1. first make a static mesh from that item

1. now open that static mesh and select backout materials

1. check what you want. I think you need something like this

4.now you can export

No sorry.

Hi, i reach thr goal with your solutions but colors are pretty different, perhaps because i linked only “Diffuse” propierty for textures?have you advice.
I attach textures manually but now works…
Kind Regards
Rino

Yeah, on the paragon characters, this method also does not work. I test them, and still, the texture’s asset ability to “export” is not there;

it’s a shame that this thing is not automated yet. like we live in 2023, we have these technologies, AI etc but we still need to find a way to export FBX with textures without a problem and manually set them

1 Like