Exported Body Roughness Map is Black

I exported the UE Asset and when checking the Body Roughness map, there is no roughness information. The image is just black with no other values. I also checked all channels. Same problem.

No roughness information. Download & Export Options are checked for the Roughness map.
Hmm… anything else important I am missing here?

Thanks for any little hint,
cheers

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Have you figured out the issue yet?

Same issue here…

For anyone interested, I solved the problem through a neat little hack:
I made a custom material, only added the roughness map in question to the diffuse channel, applied it to a cube.
On the cube I used the “bake material” option to create a new texture out of the material, which I was able to export without a problem :v:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks!

Godsend. Needed to make a hand opacity mask.

does anyone know where the bake out material option is in ue5 ?!!

1 Like

could some explain me how do i bake the material as texture in unreal 5.1 for exporting the roughness map? is it with the modeling tools baking tool?

Forgot to mention the tutorial :rofl:

1 Like

Hey guys, I encounter the same problem, and after tons of research, I may found the problem.
I think the problem is metahuman body roughness map is composite from normal map, you can find this option in that green map.

So I try to use “Modeling Tool Editor Mode” plugin from the previous reply suggested, but it didn’t work for me. In the end, I found this tutorial to make my own baker machine to successfully bake out the roughness map and export as .EXR format(didn’t know why can’t export into .TGA or .PNG), anyway take the .EXR format file into Photoshop then reExport as .PNG file format and ready to go.

But I found some little issue that is after reExport as .PNG file, it seems to be compressed, and the roughness map color becomes a little bit darker~

Hope it’s useful for you! Sorry for the bad English.

2 Likes

Thx!