Export STL or .depth file of only the mesh visible from the camera

Hi there,
Does anyone know if there’s a way to export an STL of .depth file of the scene, but keeping only the mesh visible from the active camera (instead of all the meshes even if they can’t be seen from the camera), centered on the position of the camera? I have been looking for it for a while, as I think it can be really interesting for virtual tour representations, but I can’t find a way.
Thanks!

The best you could do is export a .exr that contains the depth pass. There’s no feature in the engine for exporting a mesh of the current view

Thank you! I am not familiar with the exr files… I have been able to export depthmaps in black and white images, from the position of the camera, but that is not really working form me. I need actual 3D (as an STL, or a .depth file with the coordinates) from the position of the camera. Doing what you say, can I get something like this? What is the content of the .exr file?

Thanks!

EXR is the format used to export renders to be used in compositing software, it can contain many different render passes including depth, but if you’ve already looked at using a black and white depth map and that doesn’t work for you, then you’re out of luck.

Thank you… yes, the test using depthmaps didn’t work good enough for us. I guess there’s no workaround then… Thank you anyways!