Export/Save Data into Data Table/Variable/File?

Structs. Look into structs and save game object.

Hello Everyone!

My game generates a random dungeon when you hit play. It’s just different rooms with 2 or more doors, all attached to eachother. What I’m trying to do is pretty similar to the dungeon system in “The Binding of Isaac” Everytime you play a dungeon, you can see a code in the menu that will let you play this exact dungeon again if you use it.

When a dungeon has finished generating, I want the class of every room, its transform and the order in which they were created to be saved somewhere, so you can recreate every dungeon you have played before, just by entering the name. It seemed like a Data Table is something I should use for that, but i found out that they are not used that way, they’re just for looking up data, not to write into them.

This is how I imagined it beeing saved:

DungeonXX

1. RoomNumXX - RoomClassXX - RoomTransformXX
  2. RoomNumXX - RoomClassXX - RoomTransformXX
  3. RoomNumXX - RoomClassXX - RoomTransformXX

DungeonYY

1. RoomNumYY - RoomClassYY - RoomTransformYY
  2. RoomNumYY - RoomClassYY - RoomTransformYY
  3. RoomNumYY - RoomClassYY - RoomTransformYY

etc.

For now I’m just saving every room/transform/number in a seperate array when the dungeon is generated. This works for replaying the dungeon once, but as soon as you generate a new one, you can only replay the new one. That’s why I need something like a spreadsheet that can store information of 50+ dungeons.

Hope anyone can help!

Thank You!