export control points to 3d object file

Hi, I am looking for a solution to export control points (only) to a 3D file (stl, obj, step, iges ect.) or some kind of text file like *.txt or *.csv that can be read by CAD software.
I am working with images from an object scan without georeferences.
I have scaled the component with a constraint/distance.
I found the export function for control points on the “Alignment” tab. But this export only shows me the xy coordinates of the control points in the images. This is not what I am looking for.

Your help would be appreciate!

Hi STTI42,

there you can find a solution for your problem: https://support.capturingreality.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012872579

Hello, thanks for the quick response. When I am doing that, I am getting an error message:

Unexpected program state
Error parsing ‘controlpoints.xml’.[err:7105]

I am working with RC Version 1.2.0.16813RC.

The modification in my file looks like that :

<format id=“{CE348030-6853-4582-9904-458D3B8C2402}” mask=“*.csv” descID=“8384” desc=“Comma separated, Name, X, Y, Alt” writer=“CapturingReality.Export.ControlPoints” specificCoordSystem=“1” requires=“GCP”>
<body>$ExportControlPoints($(name), $(actualX:.3f), $(actualY:.3f), $(actualZ:.3f)
))</body>

Even when I delete requires=“GCP” the same errror massage appears.

In menu “selcted control points” in the sub chapter “Actual position” I see the xyz coordinate values.

The numbers look like that they fit to my model (distances in [m]).

There is just the point to export them.

When I use the original controlpoints.xml file nothing happens when I press the export->Ground Control.

Do you see where my mistake is?

I used it and it worked for me:

<format id=“{CE348030-6853-4582-9904-458D3B8C2402}” mask=“*.csv” descID=“8384” desc=“Comma separated, Name, X, Y, Alt” writer=“CapturingReality.Export.ControlPoints” specificCoordSystem=“1” >
<body>$ExportControlPoints($(name), $(actualX:.3f), $(actualY:.3f), $(actualZ:.3f)
))</body>
</format>

You don’t have </format> in your lines. In original controlpoints.xml file there is not the option for exporting actual position of the control points, that is why you need change it by attached lines.

Thanks again, the </format> was in. I just did not copy that here in the chat.

Again that is exacly what I have in my controlpoints.xml file:

<format id=“{CE348030-6853-4582-9904-458D3B8C2402}” mask=“*.csv” descID=“8384” desc=“Comma separated, Name, X, Y, Alt” writer=“CapturingReality.Export.ControlPoints” specificCoordSystem=“1”>
))</body>
</format>

Still the same errror message appears. Maybe there is something running wrong with the editing (what ever that shall be). Could you send your file via mail?

Hello, thank you very much for sending me the file. I compared the files and it looks like something went wrong with the xml encoding. So the problem is solved now and it works as it should. Perfect support!

Regarding your question in the mail: Yes, the control points are tie points.

When I select coordinate system = project output in the export menu, I get the numbers as I can see them in the current position for the selected control point. That was what I was looking for.

Another question please: I see that the numbers in the results file are rounded to the third digit after the point, which means millimeters. Would it be possible to change this to the fourth position, which means 0.1 mm?

thanks a lot again

Hi, good to hear, that the file worked for you.

Try to change number 3 to 4 here: actualX:.3f