"Explode" Static Mesher Adder Blueprint

Hey everyone,

I am working on a project where I taking in an exceltable of data and use the dataset to generate coordinates for different trees. Each type of tree is using a unique .csv file and unqie blueprint. I am adding a random value in order to scatter the trees around a bit, the issue is that the seed isn’t constant so the random values keep changing when I build or reopen the file. I would like to start adding other objects into the scene and need to control where each tree is. So What I would like to do is to “Explode” (Im using the word as it is used in Rhino) the blueprint so I get each static mesh as unique scene components so I can move them around manually afterwards.

A quick extra question: The scene is quickly becoming very heavy. I suppose it’s to be expected when placing a static meshes with around 40.000 vertices each. How would I optimise this without loosing much detail?

Thank you for your reply. Random from Stream was very helpful, although I would still like to be able to edit each static mesh directly in the editor. Is this possible?

About the “Add hierarchial instanced static mesh component”, I don’t understand how to make it create 200 instances using the transformation values from the .csv file. I somehow need to control the details of the component from within the construction strip.

Also, I am currently creating a new script for each different mesh. How do I make it so that I can set the values and mesh in the details of the actor-blueprint? Just need to know what to google.

Thank you so much! Getting very close now. Just an issue with reading the datatable when making it a variable. Any idea how to solve it?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. The component didn’t know the which structure was used to create the datatable.

Hey! I’ve come a long way since last time, but the initial question steel needs answering:

As you can see, I have plotted each tree/bush according to a datatable. Now I would like to start manipulating each one from their starting position (which is from the datatable) in order to fix issues like the one shown in the picture (the bushes are floating in mid air and should be moved to the sides). Does anybody know how to this? Alternatively, is it possible to project them down onto the landscape as though they were foliage?

Thank for reply. That datatable I use to distribute the trees, is a dataset containing all conflicts over 30 fatalities from the 15th century until today. The idea is to turn the data into a forest. Would I be able to do this with the Procedural foliage spawner?

The tracer seems easiest and will do what I need it to. How do I detect landscape and other objects though? Don’t know how to get them into the construction script.