Experimenting with Backflip Animation via UEFN CtrlRig ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Wanted to experiment with the CtrlRig thats in UEFN to mess around with a simple animation. Decided it would be fun to make a backflip animation and see how it goes.

Imported the character and created a very basic Ctrl Rig for it. Added IK Rig for flexibility and animated with a stop motion effect purely cause I was lazy. Heres what it looks like! Super powerful tool to create animations from within the engine!!

Backflip Reference:

Will definitely be experimenting with this more to create some crazy cinematic cutscenes in the future!

6 Likes

Awesome to see someone working with Control Rigโ€ฆ lots of possibility space there for specialization too. LOVE THIS! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Nice! Iโ€™ve been meaning to test out Control Rig, so your post is great inspiration for me. I love that you included your reference image here so that we can see how you translated it into 3D.

1 Like

Nice ImBlanky! Are you an animator by trade? As Ray said, itโ€™s great to see someone using Control Rig and building animations in UEFN.

1 Like

Iโ€™m actually not an animator. I picked it up as a side-skill over the last year to help develop more enticing Fortnite Creative Trailers for some of our experiences. (I like to do a bit of everything lol)

I was originally a Video editor and Trailer artist then I moved to level designer a few years back.

I think if we were able to create more immersive โ€œTrailers / Cutscenesโ€ that can be seen both in-game and outside of it, it will make our experiences way more impactful.

This was a trailer for one of our teamโ€™s recent experiences that I animated and edited. Now imagine if we could do this in-game. Would be amazing!

Very nice!!! Make this kind of animations in game would speed up a lot in the process. This animation was made in blender?