Experience System with working HUD

No clue really, but you’re not the first one to say this. You do have to use floats though because ints cant return a decimal which is how you get the percentage back. I really need to just create a new thread for doing this with UMG since this thread is super outdated.

Integer: Level(1)
Integer: Max Level(100)
Float: XP Incremented(500)
everything else = 0
Calculate Level Progress

Give Experience

Gameplay, XP gathered is in negative value

Level UP

This is extremely outdated. I would review Xp Bar Help. - Blueprint Visual Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums as it is more up to date. I have a new system I need to upload as well at some point

Only one thing went wrong

after following this post, I had one snag. I cannot connect the return value to the target from get player character and get player experience. I get this message, “character reference is not compatible with self reference” Im sure I am making a dumb mistake somewhere. Anyways thanks alot for this post as it has helped so much for getting my final fantasy command menu style like rpg going. The plan is to take the best from FF10 and FF13 and make my own game with their best features with some original ideas of my own such as In-motion battles. See below pic for a reference.

I can’t connect the return value to the target self, from the get player character and the get player experience. I receive the “self reference is not compatible with character reference” error. Everything else worked out just fine. Great post Hakabane.

drag off the get player character and cast to future player character

Thanks for the tutorial, what a great community we have. I could definitely use something like this is the near future so will bookmark this for later.

Thanks a bunch Hakabane! :slight_smile:

I was wondering a few things.

1. Does this work for multiplayer, I.E. Steam.
  2. How can I make this into an unlock system, where when a player reaches a certain level, they get access to use a certain gun. Sort of like Call of Duty, or battlefield.
  3. How can it shows a steam players level next to his name?

hi have a nooob question :slight_smile:
from where are you getting the exp?
from a mob?
or all are calculated in the player?
ooor maybe is this function" Give Experience" and is activated when you kill somethiing and the rest is make by the player??
tanks and sorry for my english