Expandable Audio Source

Expandable Audio Source is an actor blueprint with a spline component that moves a sound actor between spline points and adjusts the sound’s volume to help in-engine audio occlusion sound more natural.

Here’s a video of it in action:

As you can see, all you do is drag the spline points to encompass the in-game sound source, and as you move behind objects the blueprint auto adjusts the sound actor to move to a visible spline point if any are available. Volume is reduced on the sound in relation to the amount of spline points hidden from view ( for example, if you have 10 spline points, each spline point blocked from view will reduce the volume by 10%, taking into account the volume of the sound when fully occluded). This allows for a smooth fade out of sounds and a potentially much wider perceivable sound source.

I hope I explained it well enough. I am mostly done with the blueprint and will be submitting to the Marketplace soon!

Would love to hear feedback. If there are any cool features I could add or anything, I’d love to hear thoughts.

-Mitchell