[ROYALTY] ExORION Survivor: Alien Invasion | Kaiju Survival Terror XPS

Hi @Thorsten09,

Nanite definitely helps but, BONECRAWLER is currently using 1 scene component per skeletal mesh/static mesh, but not instanced static meshes or Niagara meshes. Thus, very process extensive in mass quantity. I disable lots of settings to get it somewhat performant, notice the lack of shadows. However, I do have an optimization strategy for BONECRAWLER.

I can use BONECRAWLER to procedurally assemble any Entity to include Armor/Exoskeleton, Weapons, Vehicle Chassis, Architecture/Structures, Props, etc using Mesh bone/sockets & Actors using SceneComponents/Transforms as Virtual Sockets. I started with Animated Characters because they are the most complex and I need Characters/Creatures for my many game concepts.

I have zero Modeling skill, but, I do enjoy Kit-bashing with pre-made mesh/materials. This form of construction is means for me to create complex entities from smaller parts/pieces. BONECRAWLER is the offspring of OSMIUM Dev.

I’ve been working on this concept off/on for a few years. See GOLEM Entity Construction System - #2 by TechLord I now have the knowledge to design with all the features I desire.

2 Likes