OS: Windows 10
Production (Exactly What i did to make this happen):
- Open UE4, open new Project in First Person.
- In the Browser go one Level down to Content Folder (away from FirstPersonBP)
- Create a new Folder here (I named it Voxel)
- Create new Blueprint “Player Controller” and place it into the Folder Voxel (keep the Name NewBlueprint)
- Createnew Blueprint “Game Mode” and put it into Voxel as well (again keep Name NewBlueprint)
- A message appears “Asset /Game/Voxel/NewBlueprint already exists.”
- Trying to exit the Save in Folder Dialogue through the X causes the Engine to hard crash.
Hope that is enough as to how to reproduce (was able to recreate it 4 or 5 times now).
Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce this on my end with the steps given. Do you have any other steps I can take to reproduce this on my end?
- Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
- What method are you using to deselect the second “NewBlueprint” asset?
- Can you post your crash logs and callstack so I can take a look? You can find the crash logs at \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\logs\
- Can you post your dxdiag so I can take a look?
We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.
Sorry, i didn’t see the answer notification. I actually reinstalled UE4,
And it still happens. Here is Really Step for Step what i did:
- open UE4, New Project (First Person) (called it Test)==>Create Project
- InEngine: Blueprints==>New Empty Blueprintclass
- Blueprint: Actor, Keep Folder Blueprints, Keep Name NewBlueprint and ok
- Leave the Blueprint editor go again Blueprint==>new Empty Blueprintclass==>Actor
- HOWEVER change the Name back to NewBlueprint (it might be named NewBlueprint2) and click okay.(see 1.jpg)
- The dialog opens telling you, that a Blueprint with that name already exists. Click ok (see 2.jpg)
- leave the Folder Dialog through the X Button (See picture 3.jpg)
Here is the log from the Crash (DxDiag is attached to this)
Sorry again, that i missed your answer. hope it helps. If it’s a bug it might be a rare one (but having worked QA, every Bug cuasing crashes is a bug worth taking notice).
[2016.07.22-22.15.12:731]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: FindObject<UBlueprint>(Outer, *NewBPName.ToString()) == NULL [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.12+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\Kismet2.cpp] [Line: 380]
[2016.07.22-22.15.12:756]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
[2016.07.22-22.15.12:761]Log file closed, 07/23/16 00:15:12
Can you post the full crash logs here? They can be found at \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\logs.
Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this on my end with the steps given. Do you have a sample project this is occurring in I can take a look at? When you are creating the blueprint, what are the exact steps you are taking to create the new blueprint? There are several methods to do so.
First here is a video (first time recording and using tube so hope everything is okay):
as for a project file. Sure, i can give you one i created after this without ctarter content, that still had this happen.link text
I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here. You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff.