Execute code after compiling in editor

Hey there,

I have no idea if I’m right here since my topic doesn’t really fit any subforum, but I think this one’s the closest I could get, even though it’s not about gameplay programming. Got the same problem on answer hub, so yea, I don’t expect any replies there anymore.

Thing is, I want to build on an existing chain of events which looks something like this:

1. Artist content creation in their tool (articy:draft 3)
  2. Export to UE4
  3. Import data into UE4 (using Articy Importer for Unreal)
  4. Compile generated code (invoked automatically by the importer)
  5. Execute a set of my own functions right after completition of step 4, preferably also just automatically

What’s the best way to do this? Only thing I could think of currently is to implement a specific option in the editor’s context menu for the generated custom object type, but I have no idea how to get to that. There’s gotta be a couple of other ways, right? The plan was to avoid writing a custom plugin for just that one purpose (since I also have no experience in UE4 plugin development at all), so I wanted to just alter the given import tool to execute my code after it finished doing it’s job, but since my code depends on the compilation of the importer generated code I can only hook in after that.

Also, if you know a better place for this topic, don’t hesitate to let me know. :slight_smile:

Cheers

EDIT: Well, shortly afterwards I find something in the runtime code of that plugin that just seems to be the entry point I need, still gotta check that thoroughly first so we can still discuss the matter in a general way.

The Editor emits an event after a Blueprint is compiled, but there’s no default event for when C code is compiled. (if there’s one these days, it’s news to me)

Hm there has to be some other way then… After the import is done, some assets are created, maybe there’s an event for that I could hook up to?