Everytime I open any project, my Unreal Engine 5 crashes

This is my first time using unreal engine and I’m a complete beginner. I downloaded unreal engine 5 and created a blank preject. But, when I tried opening my project it kept crashing countless times and I had no choice but to come to this forums looking for a fix. If anybody could tell me a way to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

I tried verifying and reinstalling it as well, but nothing worked :frowning:

Here is the error message:

Assertion failed: uint32(Allocation.BaseIndex + Allocation.Size) <= StructMetaData.GetSize() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\ShaderParameterStruct.cpp] [Line: 276]

UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_NiagaraShader
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Hey there @LyssaSugarNya! Welcome to the community! Seems like something is going wrong with the shader metadata in some way. This could be the cause of cached shaders, as was the case for users in this thread here:

However if that doesn’t work out, may I know your specs and if changing the RHI from DirectX12 to DirectX11 corrects the issue?

1 Like

Thank you so much, this fixed it. I can finally open my UE5… I’m really grateful

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.