Everything in the level editor is red, using Mac m1

Hi, I just download unreal engine and I’m trying to follow along with tutorials but everything is red for some reason. (I’m using MacBook Pro M1)
Under Lit view mode I have « lit » and If I click « unlit » it give me a really poor quality rendering with colors but no detail. Also I started with: new project categories- games, blank, blueprint, max quality, Raytracing disabled, desktop/console, and with starter content.
I asked around and was told to go to Project settings ->Platforms → Mac → and “Force 32 bit Floating Point Precision” under rendering. I restarted unreal and still I had the same problem of everything being red I then did the same thing but under IOS, Project settings ->Platforms → IOS → and “Force 32 bit Floating Point Precision” under rendering and restarted again.
screen shot of what im talking about everything red in unreal, idk why using Mac m1 - Album on Imgur

Can someone please help me thanks.

1 Like

I have seen the same issue, also using an M1 Mac Mini. It has the same issue regardless of project setup, I’m trying to diagnose now and see if a previous version of the engine has any effect. (Using 4.26.1)

It looks like the default vertex colouring is being applied, when in the editor looking at a plane and moving around, I notice the colour changes, looks like normal colouring or vertex shading colours.

I haven’t been able get 4.26 working on M1without the rendering issue but I did have luck 4.21.2. The lighting builds correctly and the editor doesn’t have the same issue. I hope there’s a fix for >4.26 but if you want to get something working, I suggest trying out an earlier version.

Found another approach that works on 4.26, change the Preview Rendering Level to iOS.

It seems like one of the issues has to do with the skylight. If you delete it the red goes away. I’ve also noticed that if you enable the HDRi backdrop plugin and add one to the scene this also removes fixes the red. That being said it feels like there is a low level issue somewhere. Similar issues can be seen on the iPad pro when using the “desktop renderer”.

To add to that, adding an HDRi backdrop to the scene and then hiding it fix the issue. It’s seams to be a problem in the shader that work for skylight with metal and SM5.

Also, switching the Skylight to be “Movable” fix the issue too.

Same here. Using MacBook Pro M1. With full fan speed CPU temperature being 85-90 degrees. Having the same problem. Red textures + when i move halg textures being white.