Event Tick or no?

I want to continuously fire a projectile ie a laser or igni attack from the witcher 3.

I have actors that light components (rect lights).

I want the lights to turn off at a certain point ( I have a day n night cycle that works with a timeline and would like to make the light behave or turn off according to the directional lights position or rotation).

Is Event Tick best recommended for these two tasks?

I know there is a way to use timers but what I need to know is how to use timers ie set timer by function or event in a way that will help work for these.

So if Event tick is not the best approach what are some examples that do work?

P.S I Am away from my computer so I cannot upload photos atm I will upload photos of my setup tho. In the meantime any basic fundamental suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tick is defintely not the way to go. Tick is for stuff you want to happen continuously.

If you only want something to happen at a certain time, you already have the day/night timeline, why not just events to trigger the on/off of these lights?

Also, I made a mistake. the Set Timer by Function name node should actually be Set Timer By Event Node. I will upload a different version of that soon.

Hello! Okay, so Yeah I did do that!, but it’s not working.
I know I’m doing something wrong because I’ve never used Timers before (go figure). This is what I could come up with as an approach so far. I’ve watched various tutorials and came up with a combination of my own approach and this is what I got.

It looks fine, but you set the time to zero. You need to set the time to how often you want it to happen. If you want it to happen every 60 secs, put a 60 in there…

Timer by name and timer by event do the same thing.