Event Begin Play not working for gamemode?

I was trying to create a new gamemode for Unreal Tournament, using the Editor for it, and using Blueprint. Apparently Event Begin Play doesn’t execute in any way. I tried setting it as default gamemode, override gamemode, but it still does not execute. I added a lot of print messages, none of them showed up, nor effect was seen as it should.

Delay was added for debug purposes.

I have the Blueprint window opened, it does not light up in orange, nor has circles showing that it executed.

Event Tick works, but it’ll be quiet inefficient using it in this case. It looks like the problem is only Begin Play related.

This is happening to me too. I don’t understand and I’ve been trying to do work-arounds for MUCH over 2 hours now.
HELP?!?!?!?!?!

I can confirm that. I can’t imagine this is a bug because it would be quite obvious to everybody.
Can somebody explain this ?

Hello Wallenstein,

In order to get a newly-created game mode to fire events, you need to set it as the default game mode. You can do this by going to Edit->Project Settings-> Maps & Modes, and then under the default game mode drop down, select your new game mode. In order for this to work on the default level in a template project, you also must select your map in the World Outliner (ex. Third Person Example Map) and then in the World Settings panel, under the Game Mode tab, select your new game mode from the GameMode override drop down. Let me know if that helps, or if you are still experiencing issues after you’ve done this.

Have a great day,

Sean Flint

4 Likes

Thanks, I did not know I have to set it in every map as well. I set it in the project settings and was under the impression this would propagate to every map. When I set the BP game mode in the map as well, the event was called.

Worked for me too, mark it as solved!

Thanks a lot!

This solution worked for my problem too! Thank you so much.

Thank you so much !

It still not wonking! I used ue 5. Problem started after migration project from 4.27 to 5.0. So strange situation