Last Edited (7-14-15)
[CENTER]This is a new thread for Project Not Earth!
Euthrall (pronounced Er-th-wall) is a a Sandobx survival high fantasy RPG, set in a large open world with many interesting features that will set it apart from the flock of survival games out there. Taking inspiration from many RPG’s and Survival games from the likes of Everquest, Minecraft, Rust, and many more. Euthrall: A New Life Awaits sets out to give freedom to the player while still maintaining the atmosphere of a story driven. [/CENTER]
- Skill based gameplay both in combat and leveling system.
- A large open living world.
- Advance AI that makes the NPC’s of this world feel alive.
- A interactive crafting system based on you skill level. You won’t be sitting there watching a loading bar as you wait for your item!
- Endless gameplay. There is no endgame persay as the world is always dynamicly changing around you.
- Dynamic NPC quest system based on the NPC needs. Yes some may be fetch quests but the npc will actualy use what they sent you for.
- Player built towns with two systems for building. System 1 is a modular system based on floor walls and cieling (think Rust). The other is a specific build arkitype used to set NPC’s Jobs (Think War Craft RTS).
- Random Dungeons based on key words you learn through special events in the world for even more endless play.
- A unique magic system based on some good books I’ve read. Expect magic to cost you more then mana.
- Multiplayer both LAN and dedicated servers. Servers will control all skill stats so cheating is reduced.
- If I can figure it out I would love to support modders.
- Other features yet to be anounced
The above list of features may change be removed or added to. This is really just to give you an idea of what I am trying to accomplish.
Latest Weekly Dev VLog:
Dev Vlogs are posted every Monday (unless something comes up)
Q: Who are Tiny Bed Studios and how many games have you developed?
A: Tiny Bed Studios is the name of my development company. Euthrall will be the first game produced under the company name.
Q: If this is your first game does your Tiny Bed Studios have any experience in game making?
A: I’ve dabbled in coding here and there, producing a text adventure game linkHere, and a space invader clone for a game making class in collage.
Q: How many people are on your team?
A: Just me for now, though once I get some funding I want to expand the team. I need a 3D artists and an Animator.
Q: If your doing everything by yourself won’t the work be kinda messy specially if your not proficient with all that goes into game making.
A: Aye, it could be a bit messy. But my work flow is different from other dev’s and it helps me keep my mind focused. There is a lot more to making a 3D open world game then I expected and I’d be the first to admit that I have no clue half the time of what I’m doing. But the fun thing about working on your own and not for another company is that I can make those mistakes learn from them and be better for it. An example is saving user settings so that anytime after the first time you launch the game the settings will stay the same. It took me several tries but I finally have it and now I know more for when it comes to saving other things.
Q: When do you think this project will be completed?
A: I have no clue, I do have a soft deadline of a year in my head but that is most likely underestimating how long it takes to make a game and how long it will take me to learn and come up with some systems. The biggest time taker is getting all the art assets made. If I had an Artiest on board I can spend more time coding.
Q: If I have anymore questions about this project how can I contact you?
A: You can leave a post on this thread, or if you want to contact me privately you can send me a PM through this forum, or you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, You can also contact me on twitter @ZinthTBS