Europolis Mega City - Finally Finished [Image Heavy]

Thanks, I’ve been trying to record a video but it keeps crashing with FRAPS. I’ve tried cutting up the level into segments and recording it that way but it keeps crashing again!

I’ll just go ahead and compile and upload it I guess although I really wanted a video version first.

This should be a map for the new Unreal Tournament. Great job!

Congratulations for finally finishing the scene it looks really impressive!

If you have a Nvidia graphics card I highly recommend trying Shadowplay (comes with GForce Experience)! In my experience the quality, performance and stabilty are much better than FRAPS.
Plus it’s free so I record all my gameplay with it now.

Ho yes indeed :smiley:

It’s exactly what I was to wright down !!!

Congratulations for finishing the scene:cool:
Is there any download link for The Final scene ? and Tnx :smiley:

This looks awesome! I see why it took 480 hours, great work.

Any update here? I’d love to see a video :cool:

Really love it! Absolutely stunning :slight_smile:

But if there’s only thing to improve to make it look even better are shadows. Maybe make them a little stronger?

Stunning work !

Mind officially blown… Would love to see that video fly/walk through!

I am in sheer awe. I can not wait to see the walk through vid and or a stand alone of just being able to walk around in it. The detail is just mind numbing man.

wow… looks really good

Pity you didn’t live in Australia. I’d give you a job on Police 1013.!!

You really should try to get a team together to make a game based on this. It looks like an incredible setting for a cyberpunk sort of game. And yes, I am getting MAJOR Blade Runner-esque feelings from this.

Its good work but the world feels fake to me…gamish like…and the lights and shadows seem off or non exsistant…unless the shadow part was left out on purpose. Also some of the surfaces like the boxes look very stiff like and does not resemble the proper surface. But overall its very well done.

Hey cool site. I’m generally on the other side of the thin blue line… but hey someone gotta keep the police on their toes. It looks real good.

Awesome! Love the tone!

I’ll just respond to both threads here:

I totally forgot about this. Got caught up with work, life, etc. I was trying to get a good fly-through video cut together but the performance issues at the time were too much and I couldn’t get a good video capture. Now that I’m better at optimizing levels and assets I might be able to give it another pass and make it run better but we’ll see. If I can get it to run better on a wider range of machines I’ll try and cut together a video, walk-aroundable release, and see if I can submit it to the marketplace. In the meantime, I’m working on another fully-developed scene that I’m going to turn into an Unreal Tournament map. I’ve gotten better at pretty much everything so I think this next scene will be far better looking and much better optimized.

Cheers.

What are the models you’re using?

Stunning! Feels like I’m standing inside these environments. Beautifully haunting to every details. Absolutely love your work :slight_smile: