EU4Editor under Linux Mint

Hello,

I’ve been trying to run the UE4Editor under Mint 17. I cloned the github repo and compiled everything. The demo app worked and the editor compiled without complaint. However, running it crashes, citing the error:

[2015.05.22-20.58.31:928]  0]LogLinux: Assertion failed: Assertion failed:  [File:/home/joel/git/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/OpenGLDrv/Private/Linux/OpenGLLinux.cpp] [Line: 183] 
_PlatformCreateOpenGLContextCore - Could not create OpenGL 3.2 context, SDL error: 'Could not create GL context: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'

A little digging suggests to me that my nvidia driver may be the issue, but I’d like to know more about it before I just update my driver to the latest. I’ve had bad experiences that way…

In any case, it also seems odd that it’s trying to create an OpenGL 3.2 context… Maybe I need to be updating some OpenGL libraries?

Problem solved. Primarily had to do with updating my nvidia driver. Note for future reference, the distro packaged driver is probably always too far out-of date.

I used this tutorial to get it compiled under Linux Mint: Installing Unreal Engine in Linux Mint/Ubuntu

There is a section specific to updating the graphic drivers.

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

This did the trick for me. 8-}

Hi there

For future notes, look at A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums . Mostly you find your answers. In your case this section A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums. All UE4 Linux users should read the wiki not to waste your time.

Cengiz (Yaakuro)