Error with Video Input to Media Player

Hello, I’m sorry if this is the wrong place for this; New here.
My goal is to use a webcam in live. I’ve watched a few tutorials and read the UE literature, which all seem to be saying the same thing. I’ve got it working in UE4.27 with no trouble whatsoever, however in I get the following error with 3 different web cams, and the snapcam work around:

LogWmfMedia: Error: Tracks 000004C667F86410: Format is not supported in D3D12

(I should note that all 3 webcams, work in OBS, and their standalone software without issue)
I haven’t found anything containing D3D12 related to UE on the forums or the broader web, and it looks like my graphics card is supported. I’ve tried replacing the .dll files, and that did not work either.

Anyone have any clues?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe there’s an article or tutorial I need to be made aware of?

Here are my PC specs and some screen shots:

Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
Ram: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Driver version 436.30
Monitor: 1680x1050, 60Hz

1 Like

No help here. I just got the same error just trying to load an .mp4 to play. This might be an issue with UE 5.0.0 Preview 2, because I did not have this issue with 5.0.0 Preview 1.

I tried all versions of Unreal and I didn’t get any such error.
Maybe rebuilding the project can solve your problem.

You might want to check out the video I made about adding video to . (Visual explanation)
It is not a webcam, but video material and broadcasting are created in the same way.

You may also want to take a look at the video set I prepared using UE4, NVIDIA, OBS, ZOOM and a few other programs. (Explanation in a different language, but visual narration available)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL83GyhfD6TetNz6HTS2YFHPkVHk_H3nTo

1 Like

Same issue here. Was working perfectly on Early Access 2 but not in finale release.
Anyone got it working? I switched to Vulkan and it’s working now - but other media sources such as videos have trouble playing.

I can’t play video from video capture device (such a webcam) while using DX12. i am still searching hoping to find a solution.

I have same issue
Can‘t play video in DX12
so,i set Default Graphics RHI to DX11

1 Like

You have to enable Electra Media Player plugin and disable WMF plugin, this should fix the problem with D3D12

4 Likes

Thank you so much

Thanks a lot!

Let us know if you face again any error with video intput media player. HISPlayer supports HLS and DASH streams. It also enable to stream from multiple cameras.