Error while using FCollisionQueryParams in a custom trace function.

Hi there,

I want to create a CustomTraceFunction and use it inside my actor multiple times so I implemented this:

header:

UFUNCTION()
    bool CustomSingleLineTrace(const FVector& Start, const FVector& End, const FCollisionQueryParams& Params);

cpp:

bool AMyActor::CustomSingleLineTrace(const FVector& Start, const FVector& End, const FCollisionQueryParams& Params)
{
    UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Custom Trace"));
    return true;
}

and included “CollisionQueryParams.h” in cpp and header.

But my code has a error in compile like this:
Error Unrecognized type ‘FCollisionQueryParams’ - type must be a UCLASS, USTRUCT or UENUM

Can you tell me what is my problem here?

Thank you

I’m at the same place you are. I got some code in but, i get a false that it did not hit anything and i think it is the way i set up the params.

What i did was in my .h file i defined the struct to be used.

struct FCollisionQueryParams DropParams;

Then i added these before i used it in cpp file.

DropParams.TraceTag = "Drop";
DropParams.bReturnFaceIndex = true;

Then i used it like so

bool bFindIt = GetMesh()->LineTraceComponent(OutHit, SpawnLocation, EndLocation, DropParams);

All i am after is to drop the model i spawned to the model below it, so it will set on it.
Anyone who has done this, can we or I get your help?

Think i have this solved, i was using a skeletal mesh and now changed it to static mesh. Find out after compile finishes and i test it.

You cannot declare FCollisionQueryParams with UFUNCTION as a parameter, nor UPROPERTY as an class member. Just removed macro and that did the trick.