Error While Executing the Mesh to Metahuman Service

I get this error almost every time I try to use Mesh to Metahuman. The one time it worked I didn’t even do anything different. How do I solve it?

9 Likes

I’m getting this error too, it’s my first time using it and I’m having a hard time troubleshooting it - Maybe the service is down

Same

I’m glad it’s not just me. Now we need a solution posted so this doesn’t become one of those threads that pop up when you’re researching a problem, but has no solution at the end.

2 Likes

Well now suddenly it works when I try. It seems to be an intermittent fault with Epic’s servers. I wish they’d make Metahuman an offline application instead of a web service.

I’m still getting the “Error while executing the Mesh to MetaHuman service” error:

LogSlate: Window ‘Mesh to MetaHuman Error’ being destroyed
Message dialog closed, result: Cancel, title: Mesh to MetaHuman Error, text: Error while executing the Mesh to MetaHuman service
LogMetaHumanIdentity: Error: Autorigging service returned an error: ‘Error while executing the Mesh to MetaHuman service’

1 Like

I just had to keep trying it until eventually, it worked. If someone has a more reliable method, I’d love to hear it.

I have the same problem, it’s quite embarrassing.

1 Like

Keep trying as in just keep pressing the “mesh to meta human button” every time it fails, or should I keep making new projects and import my mesh and retry it?

Mine eventually worked by spamming mesh to metahuman. I didn’t change any parameters or anything.

Tedious.

1 Like

Exactly. I just had to keep clicking it over the course of the day and eventually it let me in.

I’m guessing its just over crowded

Update, it took 10 attempts. Didn’t change a thing.

1 Like

I’m just spamming Mesh to MetaHuman until it works. I’ve had it happen before last week, but this time its failed 6 or 7 times by now. Hopefully it will be lucky # 8

Hi Folks,
I think I figured it out.
I’ve been trying to get this to work since day one when MH became available on UE5, had to give up eventually, just today tried it again in the hope it would work and still nothing, so I decided to write to Epic Games and try one last thing that it flipping worked…
Closed RivaTuner (which always cause issues)–> didn’t work
Closed GForce Expiereince → Didn’t Work
Disabled Windows Firewall → didn’t work

Finally, disabled Bit Defender and it FLIPPING WORKED!!!
If you have Bit Defender, go to PROTECTION > DISABLE FIREWALL and VIOLA!!

If you don’t have it installed still try the other steps.

Good luck!

1 Like

I’ve been getting this error all day - both at work and at home. I’ve tried at least 30 times. (From 830am - 6:15pm PDT.) I tried using my home machine so I could temporarily turn off the firewall in case that was the problem. Made no difference. Please help?

I got this error all day from 830am - now. I tried 30+ times.

If someone could just please announce that the server has been down all day, that might help.

(That said, I’m able to see my MetaHuman from last Friday in MetaHuman creator and / or Quixel Bridge just fine, and could presumably work on that one in editor. I do not know if I should take that to mean there’s actually no problem with the server or not.)

Any hints or advice much appreciated. - thank you all.

Is there any solution to this yet? I closed everything that others mentioned and I’m cliced the button for all day long and still the same error.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: