Error When Starting & Stopping Audio Component

Hello,

I’ve created this widget blueprint in my main menu with a flip flop node so that when the “Story” button is pressed, it plays an audio track. I have it set up so that if the audio is interrupted by pressing the “Story” button again, it stops playing the audio track. The problem I’m having is if the audio track finishes playing and I press the “Story” button again, even though the audio plays as expected, there is an error that my audio component variable connected to the branch cannot be read.

Even though everything actually functions correctly in the game main menu, this error still happens. I tried for hours watching different tutorials and tried everything recommended and I cannot figure out how to get this error to go away. What am I doing wrong?

I ended up solving my problem. On another post, I stumbled across someone who said to UNCHECK “Auto Destroy” in the Spawn Sound 2D node. After I read what that option does, I unchecked it and no more problems :man_facepalming:
Screenshot (17)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.