Error when Migrating assets

I’m following the process as outlined here: Creating An Asset Pack / Feature Pack | Community tutorial

TLDR
I get the following error when migrating my assets:

The gory details…
First, I create my folder structure usinf the file explorer in Windows:
1_folders

Then, in Unreal I select the folder where I have created my content (just some simple decal textures with a single base Material and then a Material Instance for each decal). I right click on the folder and select the Migrate option:

I accept the defaults shown to me for the migration:

I then select the destination folder:

and I get the error message shown at the top of this post.

I’m new to Unreal, so I’m sure I’m missing something that every experience Unreal person already knows (and therefore never bother to mention :slight_smile: ). What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

• Jeff

Did you add the .txt and .json file as indicated in the instructions?
In any case, I watched a couple of videos on the topic of preparing models for uploading to the Marketplace and nowhere did they use this procedure. One simply deleted all unnecessary folders from the project folder, and added the rest to the archive and sent it for verification. Another used Migrate, but did not explain how to prepare the Content folder into which the asset will be exported. I had the same error as you here.
I would really like to get a normal guide on this topic. Please, if you find the answer, share it in one of your topics.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I did also have the requisite .txt and manifest.json files where they should be (at least as far as the documentation has said). Most of them though really shouldn’t be necessary until you run the UE Pack command.

Hey @JeffDavies

The error you are receiving is because you are trying to migrate your assets to a folder not created inside of the engine and outside of an Unreal Engine project. The Migrate feature will not work unless you are moving from project to project, and the link you provided is just a different process entirely that requires moving the files in explorer.

I hope the above is the solution you need!

Thanks again Q! I suppose my source of confusion is that I now have 2 different tutorials that tell me (as recently as summer of 2022) to create the folder just as I have using File Manager and then using the Migrate function inside of UE to move files to it.

My ultimate goal is to be able to create an asset pack that I can put up on the Marketplace. As common as that action sounds, I have yet to find a single tutorial that covers it completely. :pensive:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.