Error when compiling UE source

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command “…..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target=“UE4Editor Win64 Development” -Target=“ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
1>Done building project “UE4.vcxproj” – FAILED.

I’ve been getting this error when compiling the source of Unreal Engine 4.24, I’m at a loss…

Does someone has any idea?

1 Like

Its quite a generic error from VS, I remember getting that a lot when doing random incorrect build steps.

Go through the checklist on GitHub literally word by word. Make sure you have all the pre-reqs installed in VS 2017 (C++ Game development etc.). Make sure you the Setup and Generate Project files complete happily. Make sure you right click and build the UE4 project at the top.

Also, make sure wherever your building, you don’t have any spaces or dots or hashes in the file path to the build area. File paths should be simple and not include special characters, something like like D:/Game/UE4_24_3/… They Should NOT be D:/Hey Game/WoW.Clone-2/Source&/

Thank you for your reply! I will check the file path but I’m pretty sure it’s already without dots or hashes.