Error when attempting to build projects.

I am attempting to build a project, I have a source build of UE5 and VS2022 community. I am attempting to build as a server and have the server target in the source folder. I have attempted to build a 3rd person example project and get the same/similar errors.

1 Like

Request if anyone can help me with this, I am still unable to build any projects.

1 Like

The error

Creating library E:\Projects\WorldTree\Binaries\Win64\WorldTreeServer.lib and object E:\Projects\WorldTree\Binaries\Win64\WorldTreeServer.exp
Module.ToDoListRuntime.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: void __cdecl UTaskData::UpdateLastEditTime(void)" (?UpdateLastEditTime@UTaskData@@AEAAXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl UTaskData::OnConstructFinish(void)" (?OnConstructFinish@UTaskData@@QEAAXXZ)

Mentions a linker error UTaskData::UpdateLastEditTime . Are you sure you have all of the dependencies hooked up correctly

could it be due to ToDoListRuntime? Is this your custom module?

Does UTaskData::OnConstructFinish have the correct implementation in the cpp?

These are custom modules so I doubt people outside of the project will be able to diagnose them without more information.

Linker errors can also be due to other files failing. Check all of your headers with the unreal documentation and make sure you have the correct modules included in your build file.

1 Like