Error: plataform linux is not valid platform to build

314397-2020-09-20-16-22-15.png

Dear valued Unreal Engine user,

If possible, please could you provide more information with regards to the issue you are experiencing? For example, which Unreal Engine version are you using? Some older versions of Unreal Engine will require a system C++ toolchain to be installed, where as newer versions are able to use a toolchain provided by Epic. Using the provided toolchain on 4.25 or 4.26 would be the recommended route. That should be automatically downloaded when running Setup.sh.

To start with, please could you go though this guide on either 4.25 or 4.26, and describe at which point it fails to progress.

Thank you for your continued support,

1 Like

use this url to download the toolchain, then replace the toolchain downloaded by Setup.sh.
The path is UnrealEngine/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/

5 Likes

TLDR; running ./Setup.sh --force helped me with this error that I got while running the ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh.

My issue was that I built the Engine from the source but forgot to change branches. Thus I built the UE4 but I wanted to build the ue5-early-access. After the make (or one of the steps before) I got a change in the repo files (checked with the git status). I believe it was something related to the dependencies that the ./Setup.sh is updating.
Long story short, I changed the branch, ./Setup.sh ran automatically because of the git hook and there I saw the notice about that dependencies file change. It proposed to run the ./Setup.sh --force if I was to update dependencies disregarding the change. I ignored it and got these multiple platform linux is not valid platform to build in the ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh. And ./Setup.sh --force helped me to solve those.

1 Like

This solution works, thx!

thank you :slight_smile:
That works for me I guess because of the my weak internet connection there is data loss in toolchain while downloading via setup.sh

Thanks a lot !