Error Packaging: DoesPackageExist FAILED

Hi everyone!
I’m having this error while packaging the game (in the cooking process)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogPackageName: Error: DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist FAILED: ‘(/Game/xxxxx/xxxx/<mapname>’ is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name. Reason: Path should start with a ‘/’
PackagingResults: Error: DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist FAILED: ‘(/Game/xxxxx/xxxx/<mapname>’ is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name. Reason: Path should start with a ‘/’

As you can see, it’s look like it is trying to open a map with a " ( " at the start of its namepath…

I already tried searching the entire project for the mapname and any single “OpenLevel” block, but still no luck

It seems to me that the ( at the start of the path can only have come from a typing error and that you should be searching in your blueprint nodes or C++ code for (/Game and see what you find.

I tried it, but I found nothing.

By the way, I was able to fix it in this way:
I used Notepad++ to search in every single file in the content folder for the string

(/Game

Notepad++ found only a reference into a file (it was unable to show me the preview). I opened this file and deleted the content (it was only a test). Now the project is compiling with no error.

Update:
I just understood the problem: in that Blueprint, there was a variable with a soft reference to that map. Probably it was corrupted, I reassigned the value and recompiled the BP (for some reason the search inside blueprint and also the reference viewer were not showing it)

1 Like

Hey! I dowloaded Notepad++ but i dont know how to use it, can you help me please? I’ve been 2 days with this error. Thank you!

Sorry, I’m reading it only now. I hope you solved ^^

If you have any more in depth ways that I could solve this, it would be much appreciated. I was supposed to release my game in alpha today, but this error is causing much grief. If I find a proper solution, I’ll post it here. Other wise please help me anyone that is able!

Edit: I found out my problem. When looking through the messages about the packaging, it showed a lot of problems with my sevarog and one of my other characters. Turns out it was looking for a folder that wasn’t downloaded. After removing the folders, everything has worked perfectly. I hope this provides help to anyone seeing this.

1 Like

Thanks for the concluding edit Altegano. I was having a similar issue with a VR test package I was creating for launch in the Vive Focus 3 when previously I had been packaging for Oculus Quest 2. Reviewing the messages following a compilation failure pointed me to the components that still contained Oculus references (in this instance the motion controller components) and once I replaced them, the package compiled fine.