Error on uploading model files

I have already made 2 weapons models, exported them in all possible model files but the editor gives out the same erorr.

“Cant detect import type. No mesh is found or animation track”

Please help me

Did you export as fbx, and what software are you suing for 3d models? if its blender i probably have the solution: When exporting if you have “selected objects” turned on make sure that your mesh is selected in the viewport

No, didnt helped. The .fbx files i exported now and previously weight the same.

I also can open them with texturing software.

problem is in unreal engine

This is also happening to me. I’m trying to export a camera but it keeps throwing this error. The camera imports into max and other programs - but not UE4 4.15.

Hi Anngelica,

You’re problem is a bit different than the OP. To import cameras, you must import them through sequencer. Right click on a camera track and you’ll see an import option.

The standard importer does not recognize cameras and so it just looks like an empty scene.

Hi HOPMACHO,

Can you tell me what DCC you’re using(Maya, Max, Blender)? And can you also send me an example fbx file with the original .mb, .max, or .blend files?

Usually this is an issue like MakkerFelix mentioned or a bad exporter (older blender versions broke fbx files), but on the off chance that it’s truly our importer, then we can bug it and go from there.

Hi All,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.