I know I’m suppose to post this in the AnswerHub, but right now they’re some many post that my question would simply just be buried. When I click on my Unreal Engine to launch I would get “Error! No version information received” in which I would get two options - “Retry” or “OK” - when clicking Retry I would be sent back to the same message, althought I briefly see a flash of “Checking for Updates … please wait”. If I press OK I would simply be sent into the Sign In area; I would put in my username and password but on entering I would get “Error! Did not get a response. Are you connected to the internet?” . I have the option to click “go offline”, but of course I can’t do anything because I haven’t got the UDK editor downloaded and it’s assets; which it still promotes me to Sign In.
Here is something that I’ve tried to get it to work:
- I’ve uninstalled and re installed multiple times
- I’ve took the Unreal Engine 4 Installer (the setup) from another computer it worked on.
- I’ve tried doing these thing from this AnswerHub post: Launcher Update Stuck on Downloading - UE4 AnswerHub
- I’ve took all the files of the Unreal Engine from another computer it worked from and dropped them off into mine to see if it would fix the problem.
- Finally I’ve tried changing DNS.
If anyone has this problem please post about the ways you’ve tried to get it working. Better yet - if you had this problem and gotten it fixed please post the steps you took to get it working.
- Intel Core I7-4770K
- 32 GB of RAM
- 2x GTX 660 Ti Galaxy
- Window 7 64-bit