error logging in quixel bridge

Hello everyone. I can not log in quixel bridge. I tried a couple of solutions but nothing worked it seems this problem has happened to a very small amount of people

failed solutions:
Uninstalled and reinstalled the Plugin
Change the path from the C drive to the D drive in the preferences.
Logging in with Google and Epic
tried different versions of the engine
tried to open bridge in a project that was previously working.
it looks like it’s unable to connect to quixel. since the preview first page is empty even before i attempt to log in

2 Likes

Same here. You’re not alone.

Just curious… Do you use ESET Antivirus?

1 Like

yes i do but i have disabled it and retry. it didn’t work.

I also send a message to quixel support and waiting for their response

I’m using ESET too and having this error as well. My other PC is without ESET and I’m able to login there just fine. It has to be either AV or some Win Update.

1 Like

i excluded quixel from eset site block but that didn’t work. you are probably right but I am not sure how why and how. what about the link. in quixel bridge after the failed attempt? any ideas?

quixel response:

“Please note that we are aware of the “You’re offline” issue that some users are facing in Unreal Engine 5. We are currently working on a possible workaround and will get back to you once a resolution has been reached.”

A guy on Reddit who reported same problem has also ESET antivirus. Could you let Quixel know many of us who have this problem share the same factor - the ESET antivirus?

It could help them figure it out faster.

ESET usually has multiple overlapping realtime protections that are hard to disable because their configuration is absolute mess one can’t understand even with a manual. So the only way to truly check if it’s ESET antivirus is to fully uninstall it for testing, then reinstall again.

1 Like

yes, i told him that it seems to be a correlation with eset for the majority of users with this problem. let’s see if this helps. i will keep you informed once they respond

1 Like

I am having the same issue and using eset as well

Hello everyone.

If you’re using ESET please try add “<UE_ENGINE_PATH>\Engine\Plugins\Bridge\ThirdParty\Win\node-bifrost.exe” to excluded applications in advanced ‘WebAccess protection’ settings. Worked for me.

7 Likes

You’re my hero, dude! I’ve been dealing with this offline issue for a couple of days now and your ESET exclusion did the trick! Quixel Bridge is working normally again.

THANK YOU!

#ThankYou :heart:

Mines working now. I uninstalled my eset and it’s working now

well done! it worked! By the way, quixel responded back and the solution they provided was exactly the same! they had a second option as well “uninstall the antivirus” a bit more aggressive but I am sure it will also work.

Well, uninstalling the world’s #1 rated antivirus is not really a solution :smiley:

It’s like someone suggesting you uninstall windows a switch to linux when your web browser has some minor issue :slight_smile:

I just hope Quixel changes whatever they messed up, or sorts it out with ESET, cause I don’t want to remember to find some obscure “<UE_ENGINE_PATH>\Engine\Plugins\Bridge\ThirdParty\Win\node-bifrost.exe” executable and then remember to find some obscure, deeply hidden web protection exclusion setting (out of like 10 different exclusion settings ESET has) every time I reinstall my system or use a new one :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I sent the file to ESET to analyze. Maybe they will fix it somehow in future detection engine updates.

2 Likes

yeah of course. I have a subscription on eset! uninstalling was never a solution :). thankfully it was the least of two options.

Thank you, this worked out well!
The problem that didn’t work out for 3 hours was resolved in 10 minutes.

Thank you very much. It worked for me.