Error generating Xcode project files

Apologies as I am new to Unreal, Git, Xcode, and Mac development, so I need a bit of hand-holding. (I am used to CryEngine, Perforce, Visual Studio, and Windows Development… go figure.)

I carefully followed the instructions to fork and clone the promoted branch of Unreal 4.9 and it seems to be working. Setup.commend reported that it was 100% complete when I ran it in the terminal.

GenerateProjectFiles.command is not working. The error is below. Where I can I obtain the missing UnrealCEFSubProcess.app? Will this fix the error below?

Thanks!

Last login: Tue Sep 22 17:03:12 on ttys000
Jonathans-MBP-2:~ Jonathan$ /Users/Jonathan/Git/UnrealEngine/GenerateProjectFiles.command ; exit;

Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files...

Setting up Mono
Generating data for project indexing... 0%ERROR: Unable to instantiate instance of 'WebBrowser' object type from compiled assembly 'UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.  Unreal Build Tool creates an instance of your module's 'Rules' object in order to find out about your module's requirements.  The CLR exception details may provide more information:  System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '../../Engine/Binaries/Mac/UnrealCEFSubProcess.app' not found.
  at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.Directory+<EnumerateKind>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WebBrowser..ctor (UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo Target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.DoInvoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateModuleRules (System.String ModuleName, UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo Target, UnrealBuildTool.FileReference& ModuleFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

logout

[Process completed]

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?

I have the same on 4.10.
Any solutions?

in your terminal cd in your Unreal Engine directory run the following:

mkdir -p Engine/Binaries/Mac/UnrealCEFSubProcess.app && ./GenerateProjectFiles.command

this should fix the problem and then generate the .xcworkspace file.

This seems to work for me!
I also had to go to autogenerate the Info.plist by following the instructions here: Info.plist Is Missing in Xcode 13 — Here’s How To Get It Back | by Andrew Zheng | Better Programming
(it’s currently building but looking much more promising!)