Error from 4.13 to 4.14

Running C:/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/4.14/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe SurvivalGame Development Win64 -project=”C:/Users/Kavan/Documents/Unreal Projects/SurvivalGame 4.14/SurvivalGame.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles -NoHotReloadFromIDE
 @progress push 5%
Parsing headers for SurvivalGameEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\SurvivalGame.uproject” “C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Intermediate\Build\Win64\SurvivalGameEditor\Development\SurvivalGameEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=”loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for SurvivalGameEditor in 4.9968581 seconds
 @progress pop
Performing 6 actions (4 in parallel)
[2/6] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
[3/6] Resource SurvivalGame.rc
PCH.SurvivalGame.h.cpp
Module.SurvivalGame.cpp
SurvivalGame.generated.cpp
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\Player\SBaseCharacter.cpp(101): error C2039: ‘GetMatchState’: is not a member of ‘AGameModeBase’
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/GameStateBase.h(10): note: see declaration of ‘AGameModeBase’
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\Player\SPlayerController.cpp(31): error C2248: ‘UWorld::GameState’: cannot access private member declared in class ‘UWorld’
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(780): note: see declaration of ‘UWorld::GameState’
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Classes/Animation/AnimInstance.h(24): note: see declaration of ‘UWorld’
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\Player\SPlayerState.cpp(41): error C2248: ‘UWorld::GameState’: cannot access private member declared in class ‘UWorld’
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(780): note: see declaration of ‘UWorld::GameState’
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Classes/Animation/AnimInstance.h(24): note: see declaration of ‘UWorld’
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\World\SCoopGameMode.cpp(9): error C2011: ‘FLogCategoryLogGameMode’: ‘struct’ type redefinition
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/GameModeBase.h(20): note: see declaration of ‘FLogCategoryLogGameMode’
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\World\SCoopGameMode.cpp(69): error C2027: use of undefined type ‘FLogCategoryLogGameMode’
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/GameModeBase.h(20): note: see declaration of ‘FLogCategoryLogGameMode’
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\World\SCoopGameMode.cpp(69): error C2065: ‘CompileTimeVerbosity’: undeclared identifier
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\World\SCoopGameMode.cpp(69): error C2228: left of ‘.IsSuppressed’ must have class/struct/union
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\World\SCoopGameMode.cpp(69): error C2228: left of ‘.GetCategoryName’ must have class/struct/union
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\World\SCoopGameMode.cpp(69): error C2665: ‘FMsg::Logf_Internal’: none of the 2 overloads could convert all the argument types
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Logging\LogMacros.h(37): note: could be ‘void FMsg::Logf_Internal(const ANSICHAR *,int32,const FName &,ELogVerbosity::Type,const TCHAR *,T1)’
with

T1=FVector *
]
C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Source\SurvivalGame\Private\World\SCoopGameMode.cpp(69): note: while trying to match the argument list ‘(const char [111], int, ELogVerbosity::Type, const wchar_t [37], const TCHAR *, FVector *)’
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Kavan\Documents\Unreal Projects\SurvivalGame 4.14\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SurvivalGame.dll
Total build time: 47.08 seconds

So this project compiled previously on 4.13 no issues. Now it’s giving me these errors. I assume I need to change the code to use getters and setters? I’m new to this engine, can somebody help me out?

Nevermind, fixed these by changing these to getters, removing log attempts(bad call I know) and removing the GetMatchState checkup. For some reason the game was inheriting from AGameModeBase instead of the regular gamemode and so it wasn’t finding that function. If you have other more correct or enlightening ways to do this, please let me learn on it.