Error: Failed to import APEX clothing asset from selected file

Hi Nikitos,

This has recently been fixed with our 4.8 preview builds. Have you tried the latest 4.8 Preview 3 build? If so, can you let me know if this has been resolved on your end?

Thank you!

Tim

Thanks for the great comments here. I had the same problem and after trying this, and many other possibilities, I reverted to an older version of the Physx plugin for Maya. The 3.4.0 did NOT work for me, and was giving the same issues. But reverting to 3.3.3 as shown below it worked immediately!

Note that as of 4.14 we’ve moved to PhysX version 3.4 so that may resolve part of the issue there. I’ve not personally tested this, so it may still not work, but it’s something worth trying if you’ve already got the 3.4 PhysX plugin installed for Max/Maya and a UE4 4.14 preview build.

When I used the original DCC Phys X build, it worked but the cloth was all scrunched up on import. When I tried 3.4.0 it gave me the error “Failed to import”. Trying 3.3.3 now but man would I love those new Clothing Tools built into the editor.

I tried 3.3.3 and it imported without error however it’s still wonky. This time instead of being scrunched up in a ball, the cloth stood up on end and flipped over itself before squishing flat at the top. Very weird stuff.