Error during Android packaging for distribution

Hello, I have a probleme when I package my game.

Task :app:signReleaseBundle FAILED
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): * What went wrong:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): Execution failed for task ‘:app:signReleaseBundle’.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): > Failed to read key uegame from store “C:\Users\lucas\OneDrive\Bureau\Programme\Unreal\TowerDefense\Intermediate\Android\arm64\Critical-Tower Defense.jks”: Invalid keystore format
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): * Try:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): 68 actionable tasks: 68 executed
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): BUILD FAILED in 1m 37s
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c “C:\Users\lucas\OneDrive\Bureau\Programme\Unreal\TowerDefense\Intermediate\Android\gradle\rungradle.bat” :app:bundleRelease
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): (see C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Appdata\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_5.1\Log.txt for full exception trace)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): AutomationTool executed for 0h 5m 4s
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,DXT,ETC2)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

I specify that when I did the packaging without the “for distribution” option, it worked well. Also I specified the key store with android studio. Thanks in advance for your response.

Certainly something wrong in your signing process.

“Critical-Tower Defense.jks”: Invalid keystore format”

My signing keys are .keystore files. I would revisit the docs here : Signing Android Projects for Release on the Google Play Store with Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

1 Like

I followed this tutorial and it’s the same problem.

Ok, not sure what the issue is in that case. Make sure the docs you read match your engine version. I would restart the process once more from scratch to sanity check.

I have every tried a lot of time

I have found the solution with this tutorial at 9:15

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.