Error compiling UE 4.4

I’m having trouble compiling the 4.4 source. I followed the instructions (https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine) and every time I try to compile it gets stuck on the EU4Editor-OculusRift.dll. I don’t know if it matters, but I don’t have an Oculus Rift or any drivers/software for it installed. Does anyone have any insight as to what I’m doing wrong?

My environment:
Windows 7 64bit
Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows Desktop

Error	3	error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -1.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	38	5	UE4
Error	1	error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'libovr64.lib'	D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK	UE4
Error	2	error : Failed to produce item: D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\OculusRift\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-OculusRift.dll	D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR	UE4

There is something wrong with the github 4.4 branch go get the last actual release. Use URL get code + dependencies (optional optional) and build. https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases/tag/4.4.0-release

I had the same and was suggested on answerhub and worked.

The Latest Main Branch was updated to support 0.4.1 SDK of Oculus Rift. None of the dependent files get pushed to the Git which is why we have the Required and Optional.zip files which is where would be at. Those files have not been updated since the SDK update went into the Main Branch.

Right now there are 2 way to fix it easily if you want to build a current branch.

1.) Download the 0.4.1 SDK from oculus, build out the .lib files or copy them from the included SDK, and then put it in the correct spot in the source then build. Mine was \Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Oculus\LibOVR_04\Lib\x64\VS2013 for example.
2.) Update your launcher version to the 4.4.1 preview (see the news section for how) and then get the compiled file from there and then put it in the same correct spot for your main branch source and build.

Thanks! I’ll try that.

You could also git checkout the commit before the oculus one and wait for the official 4.4.1 release.

Yeah, seems to work fine. I checked out 69b5693. You’ll be missing a few commits so it depends on your specific needs. There also seem to be some solutions popping up on the answer hub, eg Compile error with latest 4.4 branch from github - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums.

Also have a look at my thread here, I got a response to my answerhub question and it provides the link for the missing oculus files.