Error activating Voice Chat Interface plugin

Hi folks!

I’m having some troubles with the Voice Chat Interface plugin using Unreal Engine 4.26. I need to enable it in order to start using VOIP comunication beetween players, but after activating it the project doesn’t open again. I get this error : “The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: VoiceChat Engine modules cannot be compiled at runtime. Please build through your IDE.”

I tried to fix it by rebuilding the engine and the project but it still not working… Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks in advance, best regards :slight_smile:

have the same problem on 4.25.4

solved, i made it work via this post: link text
with certain tweaks: disable noise gate and silence gate (console commands voice.SilenceDetectionThreshold 0
voice.MicNoiseGateThreshold 0
), also i have increased net bandwith up to 1mbps from standard 15kbps to avoid terrible voice connection.
it works on lan. dont know about internet. also steamVR did some troubles for broadcast, fixed by close it.

If your project does not open after activating the “Voice Chat Interface” plugin, it is because simply broken. It also does not work in 4.25
To fix it just right click on your projectname.uproject file and open it with notepad. Find where it says that the voicechat plugin enabled is true and change it to FALSE.

Then you can reopen your project again.
Although it is a pity that we can not use the plugin.

1 Like