Error Accessed None 'CallFunc_K2_GetPawn_ReturnValue' from node Construction Script..Help!

Error Accessed None ‘CallFunc_K2_GetPawn_ReturnValue’ from node Construction Script in blueprint AIControllerRTS

This has just popped up for no reason at all! I don’t even have any thing in the construction script and haven’t placed any thing at all since i have been trying to make this game.

What happens before error: The player will spawn and then move to a location where an enemy will spawn and then the enemy will follow the player and track him.

changes after: i am trying to implement damage but haven’t even got close to that as i just added in a new collision called minion which will when hit receive damage.

changed the minion class collision and now boom the AI doesn’t take effect and i get this error, i can go back to the default settings and it works but i just can’t understand why its doing this!?

Any ideas are very much welcome and any more information needed please ask and i will reply with it asap.

Many thanks,
Gasric

Yeah, had this error too.

okay, did you find a solution?

Hello Gasric,

Could you try navigating to the section in your script that is throwing the error and hook up an IsValid node to check the pawn reference to make sure that it is not passing in a null reference. I hope that this helps.

Make it a great day

I’ve noticed that when I get this error, it has nothing to do with what it says. To fix it, I go into the BP area that I’ve changed recently, and just relink a bunch of the execution nodes.

Ooh I know this. The issue is like Jamend said, the reported location has nothing to do with where it actually goes wrong. At times like these it would be nice if we could see the blueprint call stack.