Error 404( page not found)

I can’t install unreal it’s showing “error 404 page not found”.
please help me fix this issue

Is this not working for you?

no, it’s not, like whenever i’m opening epic games launcher and clicking install engine it’s showing error 404 page not found

I have same problem too. When I click button “Install” in Epic Games Launcher (tab Unreal Engine) it shows error 404.

1 Like

Same problem, instead of start downloading just redirect to a black screen with the 404 error and the Epic Launcher gets stuck

Exactly the same problem, whenever I press Install it just redirects me into "Page Not found 404"error.

Same problem here, until they fix it, you can download it from GitHub. Here is a thread of reddit that explain how to do it:

Also if you need more information check this:
Compiling Unreal Engine From Source - Compiling Unreal Engine From Source | by Ian Hirschfeld | Medium

I have same problem too.

You have to connect your Epic games account with your Github account. Onec your github account is connected with EpicGames account you can download Unreal with EpicGames launcher…

You are the (“BEST”)

I got the solution for this problem, at least in my case. Before you even try to install UE4, you need to install C++ as a package, I installed it via Visual Studio.
Instructions: So I first installed Visual Studio Community version (which is free), then in the installation settings I chose to install the C++ and game design package, and after that, whenever i clicked inside Epic to install UE4, there were no more problems.
Here is the Visual Studio Community link: Visual Studio: IDE and Code Editor for Software Developers and Teams

это не имеет отношения к “привязать гитхаб” - на другом аккаунте всё скачивается без гитхаба.

я проверил на втором компьютере — полностью идентичная ситуация:
404 и зависание epic games launcher конкретно для моего логина, с логина сына —
всё скачивается. т.е. проблема не в операционной системе, не в сетевой карте,
не в роутере, и даже не в настройках моего аккаунта на компьютере - проблема
именно в аккаунте на стороне сервера epic games, который почему-то решил именно
от меня потребовать «привязать github», который не был привязан в августе,
когда я спокойно установил UE4.25, а потом удалил. возможно, это как-то
связано со сменой процессора и материнской платы — где-то у вас на сервере
стоит привязка к оборудованию.

нет, не работает
это всего лишь установщик epic games launcher - а проблема в скачивании через него

Thank you!!! It really worked with this solution. I did as you said, first install the Visual Studio Community version and then I choose to install the C++ and game design package. It told me to restart and the it worked perfectly!

это не решает проблему скачивания скомпилированного UE через EGS , и тем более не решает проблему для НЕпрограммистов.
это сложно понять, но не все используют UE для программирования - кто-то просто моделирует props и настраивает materials for standart.
предложение компилировать движок - всё равно что предложение булочнику самому собрать трактор, чтобы получить муку.