Error 139 when building from master

Hello, I’m building UE4 (from master branch) on Debian wheezy x86_64
I have this error:

Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/Build.sh UE4Client Linux Debug 
/usr/lib/mono/4.0/Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : Reference 'System.Web.Extensions' not resolved
Building UE4Client...
Using clang version '3.5.0' (string), 3 (major), 5 (minor), 0 (patch)
Building UnrealHeaderTool...
Using clang version '3.5.0' (string), 3 (major), 5 (minor), 0 (patch)
Target is up to date.
Parsing headers for UE4Client
Assertion failed: HasFoundDataDirectory [File:/home/ododo/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Internationalization/ICUInternationalization.cpp] [Line: 118] 
ICU data directory was not discovered:
../../../Engine/Programs/UnrealHeaderTool/Content/Internationalization
../../../Engine/Content/Internationalization
Error: Failed to generate code for UE4Client - error code: 139 (139)
UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'UE4Client' (platform: Linux, module info: /home/ododo/UnrealEngine/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/UE4Client/Debug/UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
make: *** [UE4Client-Linux-Debug] Error 139

is there any way to fix this on my system ?
Thanks!

Hey Ododo,

The master branch is constantly updated with largely-untested changes, making it unstable at best. The Building On Linux wiki page recommends using the 4.7 Release branch or the 3dluvr 4.7-linux branch (specialized for linux, naturally). If there’s a feature in the master branch you specifically need, it might be easier to build 4.7 and then just implement the file changes that add that feature (rather than pulling down the entirety of the master branch).

Additionally, while I’m happy to help with any further issues you may have, the guys in AnswerHub’s Linux section are extremely knowledgeable and can probably offer more specialized advice than I can.

Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Ododo,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.