Error 0xc000007b

I’ve been trying to get Unreal to work for a couple of days now to no avail. When I try to run EpicGamesLauncher.exe all I get is a popup box with the error 0xc000007b. I have tried the basic stuff like reinstalling, running as administrator, updating/reinstalling directx and mvc and my graphics card driver.

I generated a log using DWalker and replaced ws2_32.dll with a version from the internet (since that was the first error according to DWalker) but it didn’t change anything. I also generated an install log with msiexec, both logs are included in this post.

When I compared my install folder to one of my mates’ (with the same version of Unreal). He had a 64-bit and a 32-bit folder inside Launcher/Portal/Binaries, whereas I only have a 32-bit folder (on a 64-bit system). Most of the DWalker errors seem to be related to 64-bit problems.

I have now built Unreal from the source code but this is not ideal.

Any help is much appreciated.

[1]: [) ()

Hey Koak,

In order for us to offer the best support, we have recently modified the process for how Epic Games can help troubleshoot your Launcher issue. Please visit http://help.epicgames.com/ for technical support, here you can find information and solutions for common issues, as well as a contact form if you still need additional assistance.

To access the contact form, please use the “Email Us” button under the “Contact Us” section. Thanks!

Have a great day